Top 10 tips for a successful recruitment franchise
- Be fully engaged in your business at all times. This is not a part-time or ‘lifestyle’ business. Nor should it be combined with other business activities.
- Have an absolute passion for the highest possible standards of customer service and regulatory compliance. Instil that same passion into all those that work for you.
- Attend and participate in any conferences, territory meetings, training events and sales and marketing promotions; they are designed to help you improve your business and become more profitable.
- Ensure that your business presents a professional image at all times – whether it be the external appearance of your office, the smartness of your staff or way you communicate with your customers and candidates.
- Recruit the best possible staff. Then train, motivate, reward, lead and incentivise them to become even better.
- Spend the majority of your working day in the critical activities of sales and recruitment. Develop and maintain strong business relationships with all your key customers.
- Plan meticulously. Annual business plans, sales and recruitment activity plans and financial forecasts are vital. Implement them and monitor activity and results on a daily and weekly basis.
- Cash flow is critical. A sale is not a sale until you have been paid for it. Credit check your customers, ensure they pay you on time, beware of late or irregular payment patterns, ensure that you make proper provision for VAT and Inland Revenue payments.
- Look after your candidates. They are your life-blood and your ambassadors. Pay them on time, provide them with the type of work they want, talk with them regularly and ensure they feel valued.
- Embrace new ideas and respond to changes in the business climate. Business never stands still and you must offer your customers a range of products and services to meet their needs.
The top tips for success listed above, certainly apply to a Driver Hire recruitment franchise and many points can be transferred across other franchise industries. Let us know if you have any other tops tips for success when it comes to running your own business.