Recruitment Industry Trends 2016/17 Survey by the REC (Infographic)
The recruitment industry plays a vital role in the UK economy. Here’s a snapshot from The REC’s (The Recruitment & Employment Confederation) 2016/17 survey results.
Key headline figures for the 2016/17 Recruitment Industry Trends report includes:
- Total Industry turnover in 2016/17 was £32.2 billion
- Temporary/contract turnover = £28.2 billion
- Permanent placement turnover = £4 billion
- 1.3 million is the average number of temporary/contract workers on the industry’s payroll on any one given day
- £21,953 is the average turnover per temporary/contract placement
- Almost 1 million permanent placements in 2016/17
- £3,984 was the average turnover per permanent placement
- For temporary workers:
- Mean assignment length = 17 weeks
- Mean contract length = 23 weeks + 1 day
The REC forecast for the next three years remains positive. They forecast that the turnover of the industry will grow by between 1.8 per cent and 5.8 per cent in 2017/18, between 1.6 per cent and 5.6 per cent in 2018/19 and between 0.7 per cent and 4.7 per cent in 2019/20.
Continued growth of the recruitment industry is part and parcel to the fact that temporary work alone continues to provide flexibility to people and employees.
The full report covers the 12 months ending in March 2017 and was sponsored by HSBC.