Facts and Figures
Before buying a franchise it’s important to do your research. A good franchisor will recognise your need to do this and will be willing to assist your due diligence process every step of the way.
So to kick start your research in finding the right franchise opportunity for you – here are some answers to your initial questions you might find useful.
- What is the annual turnover of the UK franchise industry? £17.2 billion
- How many franchise brands operate in the UK? 935
- How many franchise units are there in the UK? 48,600
- How many people are employed in franchising? 710,000
- What percentage of franchise units are profitable? 93%
- What is the average annual turnover for a franchise? £400,000
The statistics above are from the 2018 bfa NatWest Franchise Survey.
- How many offices does Driver Hire have? 102
- What is the average turnover of Driver Hire franchise?* £1,180,450
- When did Driver Hire first start trading / open? 1983
- When did Driver Hire open its first franchise? 1987
- How many Driver Hire franchises had a turnover of over £2m in 2017/18? 15%
- How many Driver Hire franchises had a turnover of over £1m in 2017/18? 50%
- How many Driver Hire franchises had a turnover of over £750k in 2017/18? 72%
- How many Driver Hire franchises had a turnover of over £500k in 2017/18? 85%
- Is Driver Hire a full British Franchise Association (bfa) member? Yes
- How many times has Driver Hire won a bfa HSBC ‘Franchisor of the Year’ award? Five
- How long does Driver Hire training last? Four to Six weeks followed by a 6-month Support Programme
- How many Driver Hire staff provide support to franchisees? Over 90 members of staff offer support
- What is the UK recruitment industry worth? £35.7billion (2017/18)
*For a franchise completing a full year of trading in 2017/18