Facts and Figures
Before buying a franchise it’s important to do your research. A good franchisor will recognise your need to do this and will be willing to assist your due diligence process every step of the way.
So to kick start your research in finding the right franchise opportunity for you – here’s some facts and figures you might find useful.
- Industry annual turnover: £15.1 billion
- Number of franchisor brands operating in the UK: 901
- Number of franchisee outlets: 44,200
- Number of people employed in franchising: 621,000
- Percentage of units profitable (including new businesses): 97%
- The franchise industry average annual turnover is £378,400
The statistics above are from the NatWest/bfa Franchise Survey 2015
- Number of Driver Hire offices in the UK: 101
- Average full year turnover of Driver Hire franchised offices in 2016/17 was £1,106,427
- Driver Hire opened in 1983 and began franchising in 1987
- 93% of existing franchisees would buy a Driver Hire franchise again!
- 47% Driver Hire franchised offices had a turnover of over £1m in 2016/17
- 71% Driver Hire franchised offices had a turnover of over £750k in 2016/17
- 86% Driver Hire franchised offices had a turnover of over £500k in 2016/17
- Full British Franchise Association (bfa) member
- bfa HSBC ‘Franchisor of the Year’ award finalist eleven times out of the last ten years (3 times award-winner)
- Foundation Training lasts 4-6 weeks – followed by a 6-month Franchise Support Programme
- Over 75 is the number of staff at Head Office offering support
- The UK recruitment industry is worth £31.5 billion